Sunday 26 May 2013

Out With the Lights

If you can hear, if you can clench your fist,
Don't let this be your only dying wish.
Our fucked up lies are helpful to our minds,
Though we still hear your silent cries.

No one will say goodbye until they're turning out the lights,
In our hearts we'll suffer to believe.
I'll watch and I'll admire as you hold your head up high,
Even in despair you dare to breathe.

Wish upon a star, I'll pray to who is listening,
I promise you'll be safe and I will swear I'm always waiting.
Sedating this reality, so you can barely see,
The silhouette in front of you is me.

Time and again the memories overflow,
I wish this world would swallow me up whole.
Is this the end? I never watched you go,
Out in the cold, I walk this lonely road,
Though I'm not alone,
I still have your soul.

[Marc x]

No comments:

Post a Comment